Ten exemplary student-athletes have been named finalists for the 2016-17 Senior CLASS Award, which honors a senior who has notable achievements in four areas: community, classroom, character and competition.
The finalists are:
- Gavin Bayreuther, St. Lawrence
- Will Butcher, Denver
- Parker Gahagen, Army West Point
- David Goodwin, Penn State
- Brendan Harms, Bemidji State
- Johnny Hrabovsky, Air Force
- Alexander Kerfoot, Harvard
- Brock Maschmeyer, Northern Michigan
- Chad McDonald, Ferris State
- John Stevens, Northeastern
An acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School, the Senior CLASS Award focuses on the total student-athlete and encourages students to use their athletic platforms to make a positive impact as leaders in their communities.
The finalists were chosen by national media from a preliminary list of candidates. Nationwide fan voting begins immediately to help select the winner at seniorCLASSaward.com, running through March 27. Fan votes will be combined with those of the media and Division I head coaches to determine the winner, who will be announced at the 2017 Frozen Four in Chicago.