The Hobey Baker Memorial Award announced its 10 finalists for the 2014 honor, which will be presented to the top player in college hockey on Friday, April 11, in Philadelphia.
The finalists include two linemates from Boston College, three goaltenders and eight players whose rights are held by NHL teams:
- Josh Archibald , Jr., Nebraska Omaha (Brainerd, Minn./Brainerd HS/PIT): NCHC scoring champion and set a UNO single-season record for goals (29)
- Greg Carey , Sr., St. Lawrence (Hamilton, Ont./Burlington-OJHL/PHX): Nation's assist leader who had a 20-game point streak
- Nic Dowd , Sr., St. Cloud State (Huntsville, Ala./Indiana-USHL/LA): First-team All-NCHC selection and captain of the conference regular-season champs
- Ryan Dzingel , Jr., Ohio State (Wheaton, Ill./Lincoln-USHL/OTT): Big Ten scoring champion and first-team all-conference selection
- Johnny Gaudreau , Jr., Boston College (Carneys Point, N.J./Dubuque-USHL/CGY): Nation's leading scorer who matched Paul Kariya's Hockey East record with a 31-game point streak
- Shayne Gostisbehere , Jr., Union (Margate, Fla./South Kent-Prep/PHI): Lone defenseman on the list and leader of the ECAC Hockey champs
- Kevin Hayes , Sr., Boston College (Dorchester, Mass./Nobles and Greenough-Prep/CHI): Ranks third nationally in points (56) and sixth in goals (24), doubling his previous career high in points and more than tripling it in goals
- C.J. Motte , Jr., Ferris State (St. Clair, Mich./Waterloo-USHL): Leads all NCAA goaltenders in wins (26) and guided the Bulldogs to the WCHA regular-season title
- Joel Rumpel , Jr., Wisconsin (Swift Current, Sask./Penticton-BCHL): Posted a 19-5-1 record and led Wisconsin to the No. 5 national ranking after recovering from an early season injury
- Adam Wilcox , So., Minnesota (South St. Paul, Minn./Tri-City-USHL/TB): Big Ten Player of the Year and Goaltender of the Year, allowing two goals or fewer in 25 of 33 games
The 10 finalists were selected by voting from all 59 Division I head coaches and through online fan balloting. A 27-member Hobey Baker selection committee and an additional round of fan balloting at hobeybakeraward.com  will determine the winner. The top three finalists will be announced as the Hobey Hat Trick on April 2.
The award announcement on April 11, the day before the national championship game, will be televised live on NHL Network.