College Hockey Inc. Seeks Director of Women’s Hockey
New position will help College Hockey Inc. continue to grow and promote college hockey
Download Job Opportunity PDF
College Hockey Inc. will be receiving an increased grant from the National Hockey League that will allow the organization to add an additional full-time staff member. The NHL’s increased generosity and this new position will help College Hockey Inc. continue to grow and promote college hockey.
Date: September 2023
Position: College Hockey Inc. Director of Women’s Hockey
Work location: Ideally in a hockey-oriented locale
Supervisor: Executive Director (Mike Snee)
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated entrepreneurial person capable of identifying, creating, and pursuing initiatives designed to raise the profile and expand the exposure of women’s college hockey. This is a unique opportunity to start something from scratch and make a meaningful and lasting contribution to the sport of hockey.
- In tandem with the Director of Communications, oversee all aspects of the communications and marketing strategy pertaining to women’s hockey:
- Manage, leverage, and increase CHI’s social media presence specific to women’s college hockey.
- Maintain and update all aspects of CHI’s website specifically related to women’s hockey.
- Conceive and create original content (articles, videos, podcasts, etc.) to promote women’s college hockey.
- Actively approach and pitch story ideas to the media.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Sports Information Directors, conference communications staff and college coaches.
- Serve as a resource for aspiring young female hockey players, their families, coaches, and advisors, particularly as it relates to NCAA eligibility, recruiting rules, and the recruiting process.
- Identify and conduct relevant research projects pursuant to the objectives of CHI specific to women’s hockey.
- Host virtual and live presentations for prospective student-athletes and their families.
- Pursue the growth of college hockey, specifically women’s hockey, by approaching and working with institutions interested in adding the sport.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Authentic love and passion for the sport of hockey.
- Sincere belief in the benefits college hockey and the positive impact it can make on a person both on and off the ice.
- Strong intuitive knowledge and understanding of all levels of women’s and girl’s hockey including professional, international, college, prep, high school, and girl’s hockey.
- Keen knowledge and understanding of current NCAA rules and regulations, particularly as related to recruiting and contact with amateur athletes.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and willingness to work independently.
- The ability to persuade people via strong oral communication, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Adept at initiating, developing, and maintaining relationships.
- Organizational and event management skills.
- Proficiency and experience working with current technology, software, and social media platforms.
- Sense of humor
- Ability to travel, work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years of experience in a hockey-related field or business strongly preferred, preferably with some background in performing the tasks described above.
- Willingness to be a continuous learner that is open to new ideas and change.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Benefit package including medical insurance, 401(k) and paid vacation.
Please email the following to Mike Snee, Executive Director of College Hockey Inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) references
- Pertinent examples of your work (writing, graphics, social media, etc.)
- Other support documents
The application process will close on October 13, 2023
College Hockey Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin or disability status. The job description is subject to change at any time.